Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Writing & Communications Support
Submit a Paper to the Online Writing Center Enter the Writing Center Zoom Room to Work with a Writing Tutor Writing Center and Zoom Room Hours
Contact the Writing Center
Academic Intervention Instructor - Writing & Communications
Subjects: Advanced Manufacturing
, Agriculture and Natural Resources
, Business and Professional Services
, Education and Human Services
, Health Sciences
, Liberal Arts
, Public Safety
, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Writing Center Hours Spring 2023
In-Person Support in the Learning Commons
About the Writing Center
What does the Writing Center do?
We know that communications (reading, writing, and speech) at the college level can really be challenging. Thankfully, we have Writing Center staff to support you in all aspects of communications for all subjects and courses. We offer writing and speech support, such as:
- Breaking down the assignment to clarify the guidelines and expectations
- Brainstorming topics for any writing project or speech
- Grammar and punctuation assistance
- Research, development, and organization
- Resume and cover letter support
- Job and scholarship applications
If there are other barriers in your way, the Writing Center may be the answer. We can also help you with:
- Reading comprehension
- Note taking
- Study skills
- Test-taking strategies
- Blackboard navigation
- PowerPoint creation
- Video recording
- Document formatting
- Textbook access and navigation
- Time management
How the Writing Center Works
There are three main ways to use the Writing Center:
- Stop by the Learning Commons to work with a writing tutor or specialist face to face (no appointment necessary)
- Submit a paper for comments and feedback using the Online Writing Center Submission Form
- Stop by the Zoom Room to work virtually with a tutor (no appointment necessary)
Using the Writing Center Submission Site
Students can use our submission form to send in copy of your project along with assignment guidelines and specific requests you would like for feedback. One of our trained writing tutors will read your paper and insert comments, suggestions, and editing notes before emailing it back to you. Please allow 2-3 days for this type of feedback.
Submit a Paper to the Online Writing Center
How to Visit the Writing Center Zoom Room
The Writing Center Zoom Room is an open virtual space where you can meet with tutors to work on your writing! No need to make an appointment, just stop by when it works for you!
Here's how it works:
- Click the link for the Writing Center Zoom Room.
Never used Zoom before? This brief guide covers the basics.
- Click "I'm not the meeting host, Join Meeting as an Attendee"
- Wait for the writing tutor to admit you
- Meet with a real live human to talk about your writing!
Contact the Writing Center